It is known to all that PHP is a power full tools in web development.
It is must need for creating interactive and dynamic web site.
on the other hand php is most widely used efficient and free alternative to competitors like Microsoft’s ASP.
Dear Learner in this tutorial i will discuss how you can learn about PHP and how to execute php or php scripts on your server/ Local host.
Before learning php you should have a basic knowledge about of the following tearms:
If you feel that you will need to understand /know about above three subjects then you can check out this tutorial Home page.
Before going to learn PHP we should know What is php?
What is PHP?
Firstly: PHP means Hypertext Prepossess.
Secondly: PHP is a server side scripting language.
Thirdly: PHP is a Scripting language which is executable on the server.
Fourthly: php supports many Database For Example: MySQL MS SQL ,Sybase, PostgreSQL
and Oracle etc.
Fifthly: PHP is a open source software and free to download from internet.
Why we learn PHP?
We learn PHP Because :
1. PHP helps for creating interactive and dynamic web site.
2. Easy to learn and efficiently run on the server side.
3. Free to download from the official PHP web site:www.php.net
4. Compatible with almost all servers Like: Apache, IIS, etc.
5. Runs on different platforms such as : Linux, Windows, Unix, Mac Os etc.
What is PHP File and where to start ?
It is most important to know about php file and from where we have to start.
1. PHP files have a file extension named: .php or .phtml or php3 Like: “example.php”
2. Php file must have to keep on the htdocs directory for run on the web browser.
3. Must have to write on the browser http://localhost/php file Like: http://localhost/example.php
4.PHP files contain HTML tags scripts and text.
To start with php you have to following two work:
1. Have to Install Apache( XAMPP) or IIS on your computer for creating local server.
2. Or You can find a web hosting with MySQL and PHP support.
3. Write your php code on a php editor like: php designer,
Adobe Dreamweaver, notepad etc.
Above two way 1 No is easy then second so i will advise to use 1 No way for starting with PHP.