36. to scale back the calories and saturated fat in your hamburger, substitute beans (such as mashed black beans) or grains (such as well-done bulghur or rice) for a few of the sliced meat. The beans and grains aren’t simply extenders: they additionally enhance the flavour and boost the fiber content.
37. Here’s a highfiber various to tomato or cream sauces on food: toss the well-done pasta with canned or home-baked lentil or alternative bean soup. this can be a fast version of the nutritive pastaandbean dishes well-liked in Italia. Or purée the soup before adding it to the food.
38. Don’t microwave Associate in Nursing egg in its shell, not even to heat up a hardboiled egg. Pressure will build up within, inflicting the egg to explode within the oven—or even worse, when you are taking it out, in which case it will cause burns and high eye injury.
39. prefer 1 Chronicles or lite milk. Lowfat milks aren’t created equal. A cup of twenty-two milk contains 5 grams of fat and therefore derives thirty fifth of its calories from fat. A cup of 1 Chronicles milk contains but 3 grams of fat and gets twenty second of its calories from fat. milk contains regarding three.5% fat by weight, however this fat provides five hundredth of its calories. lite milk, of course, has nearly no fat, and contains even as abundant atomic number 20 as milk.
40. Eat walnuts and linseed. They scale back levels of Creactive macromolecule (a marker for inflammation related to heart disease) within the body, yet as beta-lipoprotein (“bad”) sterol and triglycerides. These foods are wealthy in Associate in Nursing omega3 fat known as alphalinolenic acid; vegetable oil is another supply. Studies have shown that alphalinolenic acid (as well because the alternative omega3s in fish) helps scale back the danger of cardiovascular disease.