46. opt for a roast sandwich rather than a hamburger at fastfood restaurants. Roast beef usually contains less saturated fat and fewer calories.
47. once buying wholegrain, highfiber bread, scan the label fastidiously. Unless the label lists whole wheat or another whole grain because the initial ingredient, it’s principally refined white flour. the subsequent terms or phrases typically mean very little on a bread label: multigrain; created with
3 natural brans; wheatberry; cracked wheat; wheat (simply white flour); stone ground (not AN issue); oatmeal (usually not much); rye (ditto); up wheat; undyed (but still refined flour); or unbromated (not treated with atomic number 19 bromate—but not essentially whole grain). Commercial rye and rye bread typically contain principally white flour.
48. Compare labels on packaged food shop meats. A oneounce slice of turkey breast is sort of fatfree—0.2 grams of fat in concerning thirty five calories. Turkey bologna, on the opposite hand, contains fifty five calories and four grams of fat in an exceedingly oneounce slice, which suggests that over hour its calories come from fat. One ounce of lean ham (labeled “95% fatfree” by weight) gets concerning onethird of its thirty seven calories from one.4 grams of fat. In distinction, regular ham is St Martin’s Day fat by weight, thus concerning [*fr1] the fifty two calories in an exceedingly oneounce slice return from its three grams of fat.
49. If you prefer sausage however not its very high fat content, strive one in all the meatless sausage products offered in healthfood stores and specialty retailers. These are made of vegetables, beans, grains, and aromatic herbs and spices. Besides breakfast fare, the lowfat, nocholesterol “sausage” may be employed in casseroles, food dishes, stuffing, or pizza. Check the label—not all eater merchandise are low in fat and calories.
50. bit by bit increase the number of highfiber foods you eat. Don’t surrender on fiberrich grains and turn out if they offer you gas or cause bloating. Fiber’s health advantages are several, including a reduced risk of carcinoma and constipation. Also, strive a range of fiberrich foods until you discover some that don’t cause organic process issues. And it’s vital to drink lots of water once increasing your fiber intake.